The Versajet Hydrosurgery System is used for wound debridement such as:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure Sores
- Infected wounds
The Versajet uses saline under extremely high pressure (water jet) that precisely excises the tissue. Because the saline pressure is so strong a vacuum effect occurs, so the tissue that is excised is also suctioned away into the suction canister
- 3L IV Saline
- 3L Suction Canister to gravity NOT to suction
- Prime on level 10 then lower setting for dissection (usually between 4-7)
- Foot pedal to activate machine & increase / decrease power level
Versajet Hand Piece
– Orange end, IV spike, & suction end handed off to circulator
– For safety purposes, prime hand piece in metal or plastic basin. The water jet is strong enough to eat through the drapes, gown, & gloves.
Wound debridement w/ Versajet
Below is a link to view the set-up of the Versajet machine
Visit Today’s OR on YouTube….and remember to Subscribe!!